About the Alexander Technique
IMPROVE POSTURE, PERFORMANCE AND WELLBEINGHOW THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE CAN HELP YOU
It is known to-
- Relieve and prevent back pain, neck and shoulder tensions, breathing disorders, RSI, and stress
- Help with poor posture
- Restore natural health vitality and repose; balance and co-ordination skills
- Develop ease in presentation skills, voice, the performing arts, and sports
- Increase confidence and curiosity
- Raise levels of consciousness and awareness
Joan Bakewell, TV presenter and journalist
AN ALEXANDER 'LESSON'The Technique is a method by which you can learn more about how you move and think. It is at heart a simple process of increasing your ability to be self-aware during activities and freeing yourself from unwanted habits.
By studying everyday activities such as walking, sitting, standing, reaching out, picking things up, talking and typing, you can learn how to prevent these bad habits and restore coordination and ease of movement.
Pupils experience reduced stress and tension and freedom from many of the causes of pain. A classic hallmark of the Technique is a sense of lightness of movement leading to improved posture, healthier breathing and, even greater happiness.
The ultimate aim of Alexander lessons is for you to learn how to be as free as possible from habits that limit you - both mental and physical. It is a stimulating and practical journey into improving the quality of your life.
I find The Alexander Technique very helpful in my work. Things happen without you trying. They get to be light and relaxed. You must get an Alexander teacher to show it to you.
John Cleese, actor